Paleo (Low-Carb) Pancakes
I've done it. I've mastered the art of cooking delicious, fluffy, and macro-friendly pancakes. They're perfect for weekend mornings with a large cup of coffee in hand!
2 tbs coconut flour (I use Bob Red Mill's)
1 tbs flax seed, ground (I use Bob Red Mill's)
3 egg whites
1 tbs nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp agave nectar, honey, or coconut sugar
1/3 cup almond milk
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until fluffy (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP- This helps create a fluffy pancake).
3. Combine all ingredients together, except coconut oil.
4. Melt coconut oil in a skillet.
5. Pour batter into skillet, making about 3-4 pancakes.
6. Cook on medium heat and cover with lid.
7. Once the edges start to bubble, flip the pancakes.
8. Cover with lid and turn off heat. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes or until the undersides are golden brown.
9. Top with nut butter and fruit.
You can devour this entire recipe (not including toppings) for 21g protein, 17g carbs, and 5g fat! Enjoy!